BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

End of Q3 Feedback

Go back and review your goals for quarter three in humanities. These can be found in the January Archive of your BLOG in a posting titled,” End of Quarter 2 Feedback”. Evaluate how well you have achieved those goals. Include specific evidence from the quarter to validate your evaluation.

In addition to your evaluation please create three specific goals that you have for quarter four in humanities. Remember that a good goal is realistic, measurable and specific.

My goals from last quarter were all similar to the goals I had in previous quarters: to improve on writing, enrich vocabulary and try to improve on my oral presentation skills. I think that I have achieved some goals but not completely. i got to write in different forms in this quarter and I think I've improved on writing independently, but I still need some work on persuading and stating my idea and back it up with specific reasons. It is the same for oral communication. I have to learn to be more specific so that I can make the people listen to me. I think that I'll have to work on my vocabulary again, since I can see that I repeat many words and always think of easy, dull words rather than descriptive and vivid vocabularies.

For the fourth quarter, my goals are still the same with the goals I had before: to write better, improve on my word choices and become more persuasive with specific reasons to back up my opinion when having a debate. To improve on my writing, I will have to learn to construct sentences more fluently. To do that, I will read more variety of books and also write on my own. To enrich my vocabulary choice, I will try to be thoughtful as I write and read more books to learn from them. For the last one, I'll have to keep on trying to be more specific and confident when I'm debating. And before the debate day, I should practice saying it to myself and edit.

0 comments: