BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Critique of Animal Farm (The Movie)

The movie Animal Farm was actually quite different from what I thought it would be. I thought that the movie showed the emotions and the background theme well, although some details from the book were missing. Surprisingly, I didn't really find the missing parts disturbing. It was actually quite subtle and if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have noticed at all. What I most found surprising was how the movie showed the emotions of the characters and their thoughts vividly while there was barely any word spoken by the animals. And I found the animation quite depressing and it left a bigger impact on me than the book did. I thought that the movie would be really cute with pretty animals and a light tone in the background but it rather made me absorbed into the movie. However, I still think that movie wasn't quite as satisfying as the book did. After all, the movie did take out some details and actually showed what would happen to the pigs at the end.
Some of the examples of the missing parts are the characters. In the movie, several characters such as Mollie, the white mare, was not mentioned. In some characters, it did not fully develope the characters in their personality. For example, I thought that the donkey, Benjamin, was supposed to be more cyninical and be negative about everything. However, in the movie, it didn't quite show it. While there were parts that were missing, there were some extra parts too. I found it really wierd how the movie showed what would actually happen at the end, rather than to foreshadow it. In that way, it kind of showed what level of understanding was viewed from the movie.

0 comments: