BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Would you join the military?

In some countries, joining the military is mandatory, in other countries, optional. For example, in Israel and Singapore both men and women are required to perform two years compulsory military service right after high school. Does your country require military service? If so, how do you feel about this? If not, under what conditions would you ever join the military to defend your country?
In South Korea, both women and men are allowed to join the military. For men, it's mandatory to join in the military while it's optional for the women. One is required to work in the military for 24 to 28 monthes which will change into 18 monthes in 2016. You have to be aged between 18 to 26 and have atleast have had a middle school education to be able to join in.
I thought that this was nethier good or bad. It could be good in a way since women are free to choose rather they'd like to join the military. But I think that it's more towards the good side since people are free to join in unless they atleast have a middle school education. I think if I was required to do the military service, I would do it. I don't think that I would want to run away from it.

0 comments: